Wednesday 4 March 2015

Post to 38 degrees for Richmond Park Constituency

Social care.

Introducing myself:

I want to get something done about social care by disrupting the next Westminster election, if I can persuade other disrupters to agree!

I want a fixed national social care budget read-out alongside health and defence in parliament as part of the budget. It can be allocated to councils by need if they can be trusted to ring-fence it. It cannot be set by councils.

I realise that this is a popular idea but there are a lot of similar and overlapping points of view, so I just want to make a fuss in the next election somehow.

Making a fuss could involve someone standing for parliament and agreeing to stand-down if one of the top two other candidates agrees to rebel against their party whip and support the idea if elected.

That's me. That's why I logged-on and posted. I have a little-read blog on http://election-richmond-park.blogspot.co.uk/ and I have done a bit of questioning and googling to find out about how elections work but have probably forgotten it again - there's some deadline for agreeing to pay a deposit and get free postage for your electoral bit of paper to votors, and some deadline for taking your name off the ballot paper. The ideal outcome that could influence a mainstream candidate is to pay a deposit, get your bit of paper posted free to votors, and show that you have enough support that you could keep your deposit by not standing-down. Something like pledges of financial support.

I've written the odd thing on another blog about cheap ink paper and home printing, but whatever I write on blogs will only put readers off as I want to concentrate on a social care budget that's as national as any other budget read-out in the budget speech.

John R.

PS I'm not an easy person to convert towards other similar campaigns. Just thought it best to say before anyone tries!

Posted on http://election.38degrees.org.uk/areas/1086

No comments:

Post a Comment